Friday, July 1, 2011

One of Casey's friends is now engaged


One of Casey's friends became engaged last weekend. She is a sweet, kind, compassionate young woman who has been so supportive to us following Casey's death. She said that she was actually wearing one of Casey's dresses that we had given to her when her fiancee proposed and that she felt Casey's presence and knows that Casey is happy for her. We are so happy for her and her fiancee.


What would Casey have said? How would Casey have reacted? Knowing that Casey will not be at that wedding, will not have a wedding of her own, was overwhelming for me. It is so unfair-not that her friend is getting married-but that Casey will not be. I had wondered in the past how I would be prior to and at Casey's wedding. Casey had no doubts-she said I would be a lunatic like Steve Martin in Father of The Bride and that she would have to really work hard to keep me in line.

This is why I don't look too far into the future-while there is hope, there are friends and so much to do in Casey's memory there is also lots of pain and it is just the way it is and will be until I die or get so old and senile that I do not remember the beautiful young woman I am blessed to have for a daughter.




1 comment:

  1. can't always find the words that adequately express my feelings and thoughts after reading your blog---thus I seldom leave comments.

    ReplyDelete